You’ve learned the law, but what about how emotion can positively or negatively impact your New Jersey divorce?
You’re fighting for your children because you love them. But what if fear or feelings of guilt or sadness begin to overwhelm your decision-making process. It’s only natural, you’re not a robot and the path through a divorce can be an arduous one. Let us light the way for you.
Below you will find great resources on the subject of emotion and divorce. Knowing the law is important but the importance of understanding and addressing the emotional element of a divorce cannot be understated.
The Divorce Emotion Zone has all the resources you need to learn about this important and under-discussed element of a successful divorce and finding your Happily EVEN After.
Feeling ambitious? Click here for the extensive Emotion and Divorce Guide. Coming in at about thousands of words you’ll be beyond well-informed when you’re done reading our guide.
Or for other articles and resources, click below on the sub-topic that interests you:
- Article – Emotion and Divorce. Click here to learn how to better understand and control the emotional aspects of a divorce.
- Article – Being Sufficiently Tough. At our firm we like to focus on being tough but fair. Boundaries and communication are important aspects of any relationship—or getting out of a relationship. Click here to learn how to not be a pushover in a New Jersey Divorce.
- Article – What if I’m Not Ready to Get Divorced? It’s not easy deciding to end anything–particularly a marriage. Learn about what to do if you’re on the fence about separating from your spouse by clicking here to learn about what to do if you’re not ready to file for divorce.
- Article – Discussing Your Divorce With Your Soon-to-be Ex. Click here to learn about best practices when discussing the divorce or negotiations with your soon-to-be ex.
- Article – How Much Emotion is Appropriate? Click here to learn just how much emotion should fuel a New Jersey Divorce.
- Article – Personal Finance and Divorce. At our firm we sometimes jokingly refer to divorce as: “personal finance with someone you hate.” Click here to learn about personal finance lessons from divorces.
- Article – Changing Divorce Lawyers. Effective client-attorney communication should be the hallmark of the relationship. But what if communication or trust starts to break down? Click here to learn about when you should consider changing divorce lawyers.
- Article – Advice for What You Can Do to Make Sure Your Case Has the Best Outcome. Our tips for those facing a divorce or serious family law matter on their mindset and what they can do to help make sure their divorce is successful.
- Article – On the Prospect of Reconciliation. It’s not just Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton that have changed their minds about a partner. Click here for an article on what to do if you’re considering reconciliation with your ex.
- Article – Complicating Factors in a Divorce. Some divorces are simpler than others. Click here to learn about what factors may complicate your New Jersey Divorce and how to diffuse them.
- Article – How to Assist Your Attorney. Sure you’re paying us, but for the best possible outcome you have more of an impact then you’re likely to know. Click here to learn about how to work effectively with your attorney in a contested New Jersey Divorce.
- Article – Initial Consultations. Click here to learn about what to expect at your divorce initial consultation and what you can bring to make sure it is informative for both you and your potential attorney.
- Article – The Benefit of Working with Your Spouse Post-Divorce. Just because you’re divorced doesn’t mean you can’t continue to make each other miserable! Click here to learn how to better communicate and what steps you can take to work together with your ex post-divorce.