You’ve come to the right place to learn all about New Jersey Custody & Parenting Time Law.
We can all agree, nothing in life is more important than our children. Co-parenting can be difficult even in an intact family, but in a contested divorce can lead to serious issues of contested custody.
This zone will help you learn how to protect your children’s best interests, learn about grandparent’s rights and paternity law issues, learn how to co-parent, and learn how to handle contested custody and parenting issues as part of a New Jersey Divorce or post-divorce.
The most complex and emotionally wrenching cases often involve disputed custody and parenting time issues. The most important thing to keep in mind is to place your children’s best interests first.
The more you know, the more you can protect not only your rights, but that of your children.
The Custody and Parenting Time Law Zone has all the resources you need to learn about this important area of the law.
Feeling ambitious? Click here for the extensive Custody and Parenting Time Guide. Coming in at thousands words you’ll be beyond well-informed when you’re done reading our guide.
Or for other articles and resources, click below on the sub-topic that interests you:
- Article – New Jersey Custody Law – Brief Overview. If you don’t have time to read our full Custody and Parenting Time Guide Click here for a brief overview of New Jersey Custody and Parenting Time Law.
- Podcast – Holiday Parenting Time. Click here to listen to Carl discuss how to co-parent during the holidays post-divorce.
- Article – The Purpose of a Parenting Coordinator. Click here to learn about the role of parenting coordinators in a New Jersey Divorce.
- Article – My Ex is Relapsing. Click here to learn about the steps you can take to protect your children if your spouse is abusing drugs/alcohol or relapsing.
- Article – Who Chooses the Children’s Religion? Click here to learn about how to determine a child’s religion if the parents cannot agree as part of a New Jersey Divorce.
- Article – Removing Children Out of State After a Divorce. Click here to learn about laws addressing relocating children out of state after the divorce is finalized.
- Article – Child Neglect and Divorce. Click here to learn about the types of issues that may constitute neglect or harm to a child.
- Article – Holiday Parenting Time. Click here to learn about holiday parenting law and how to negotiate holiday parenting time as part of a New Jersey Divorce.
- Article – Reversing Paternity. Learn about how late is too late in filing a paternity claim in New Jersey.
- Article – Children Testifying in Contested Custody Cases. Learn about how old a child can be to testify and how much a child’s preferences impact custody and parenting time in New Jersey divorces.
- Article – Divorce and Child Name Change. Learn about legal name change and determining a surname as part of a New Jersey Divorce.
- Interview – Helping Children Through a Divorce. Our interview with a local counselor on how to help children through their parents’ divorce.
- Article – Paternity Law in New Jersey. Click here for our overview of New Jersey Paternity Lawhttps://mynjdivorcelawyer.com/paternity-law-in-new-jersey/.
- Article – Grandparents’ Visitation Rights. Click here for our overview of grandparent visitation rights law in New Jersey.
- Article – Who Gets the Dog in a New Jersey Divorce? Click here to learn about Dog and Pet “Custody” Law in New Jersey.
- Article – New Jersey Parenting Time Law. Click here to learn about New Jersey Parenting Time Law, Modifying Parenting Time, and More.
- Article – Moving Children Out of State. Click here to learn about relocation law following a divorce for both the custodial and the non-custodial parent.