“A client is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so.” -Mahatma Gandhi, Civil Rights Champion and Barrister.
Dear Prospective Client,
Communication is the hallmark of the Attorney-Client relationship–a relationship that should be held sacred. I created Carl Taylor Law, LLC to provide both strong legal representation and client service. My divorce and family law clients may rest easy knowing that the following unique attorney-client procedures are implemented:
1. We will endeavor to return all of your emails or telephone calls the same-day. I will also endeavor to communicate with you in the venue you desire. If you prefer face-to-face communications then we can meet meet at my office. If you prefer emails then we can utilize emails. If you want me to learn how to set up Skype and communicate via Skype then let me know. Provided we can ensure attorney-client privilege I will work with you.
2. We will commence work immediately on your case after being retained.
3. We will move your case forward aggressively and based upon the goals and objectives that you set, provided that they are appropriate and legal. However, we will advise you when we believe you are not taking appropriate positions.
4. We will provide you with materials to help educate and inform you about the process.
5. We will not “nickel and dime” you. We will not charge you for faxes, the cost of making a telephone call, or other such minor expenses. Our goal is to provide greater cost-certainty to you. Each month we will send you an invoice and encourage you to advise us of any questions regarding the costs associated with representation. Divorces and family law matters can be expensive and it’s important we’re on the same page regarding projected costs and fees.
6. We encourage you to bring any issues to my attention immediately so we can continue to improve our services. We will regularly seek feedback to make sure you are satisfied with how your case is proceeding. Everyone has different goals and we will ensure you’re aware of the range of options available.
7. We will be honest about expectations. This protects both of our credibility in the process and does not waste fees on spurious or even bad-faith tactics or pursuits.
8. At all times we will seek to implement time and cost-saving technology for the benefit of you, our client.
9. We admit up front that we are not the perfect fit for every prospective client. Truthfully, not every prospective client is the perfect fit for our firm. If we take on your case we will be working closely together. We only have so much time and we can only take on so many clients. You can generally only choose one divorce attorney (at a time). It’s better if we determine we would, for whatever reason, not be a great match from the start. We will be honest with you if we sense potential issues and will turn down the case. Please don’t be offended if this occurs, just as we’re not offended when we are not chosen by prospective clients.
We look forward to working with you and providing client-centric service to aggressively obtain your desired legal goals. Divorce can be hell, but it doesn’t have to be. I look forward to helping guide you down the proper path to help ensure your Happily EVEN After.
All the best,
Our Free Book: Happily EVEN After – The Guide to Divorce in New Jersey
If you’re considering a New Jersey divorce or Family Law action you should first learn about the process. Our 200+ page book is the starting point for how to successfully navigate your New Jersey Divorce. Click here to request a free E-Book version or call 908-237-3096 to request a Free print copy of the book.